The business plan is your business foundation and it can be personalized to your needs. But it has to include 7 basic steps:
1. Research, research, research.
2. Determine the purpose of your plan.
3.Create a company profile.
4. Document all aspects of your business.
5. Have a strategic marketing plan in place.
6. Make it adaptable based on your audience. 7.Explain why you care.
SWOT analysis (or SWOT matrix) is a strategic planning technique used to help a person or organization identifystrengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats related to business competition or project planning. This techinique is part of any successful business plan.
The best way to identify and personalized the KPIs for your business plan needs will be by establishing 5 Steps to Actionable Key Performance Indicators.
Step 1: Establish Goals & Objectives
Step 2: Establish Critical Success Factors (CSF) from the Goals & Objectives
Step 3: Establish Key Performance Indicator (KPI) from CSF
Step 4: Collect Measures
Step 5: Calculate Metrics from Measures